The Estevan Bruins will host their annual Calcutta Shootout fundraiser on Saturday, January 18th immediately following the home game vs the Weyburn Red Wings at Affinity Place.
The fundraiser supports the Estevan Bruins’ Education Fund, with players who pursue post-secondary education after their junior hockey careers earning ‘scholarships’ from the club. 50% of the total bid amounts (fundraising portion) will be donated to the Education Fund, with the other 50% (prize portion) being divided among the 5 winners of the Calcutta Shootout.
The shootout will consist of the 22 Bruins’ skaters, 2 “mystery” shooters, and the 2 Bruins’ goaltenders. Each shooter will get one shot on each goalie in Round 1 in a ‘knockout-style’ format, and the shootout will continue in that manner until the final shooters remain and a winner is crowned.
There will also be a “winner” for each goaltender and where their final save percentage (SV%) lands. For both Keenan Rancier and Randy Cooke, fans will be able to bid if they will finish with: (above .800 SV%), (between .700 – .800 SV%), and (below .700%).
Here is the breakdown for the remaining payout:
SHOOTERS – 1st Place (30%), 2nd Place (20%), 3rd Place (10%)
GOALIES – Keenan Rancier SV% (20%), Randy Cooke SV% (20%)
- All bids must be made in person during the Bruins – Weyburn game on Saturday, Jan. 18th.
- All successful bids must be paid for in person (either in cash or card) before the 3rd period.
- Bid Sheets will be available in the lobby until the end of the 2nd intermission and will be taken down all at once. Successful bidders will be announced and directed to pay at the Bruins’ office immediately during the intermission/start of the 3rd period.
- All bid sheets start at a minimum of $100.
- All winners will receive their prize portion immediately following the shootout at the Bruins’ office.