The Estevan Bruins are excited to bring back the annual ‘Skill Development Camp’ for young hockey players in Estevan!
The camp runs from August 16th-20th and provides players in the U7, U9, U11, U13 divisions with up close and personal instruction from the Bruins’ players and coaching staff.
“The Kids Camp has become one of our most popular and in-demand events that serves as an unofficial kick-off to our new season each year,” explains Danny Ewen, Director of Marketing & Operations for the Estevan Bruins.
“What’s really great about the camp is that our players and coaches can develop really great relationships with our young fans and their parents right away, and that connection helps tie our team to the community for many years down the road.”
Registration is only $400 + GST for each participant, open to girls and boys in each age group, and includes the following:
- An official Estevan Bruins camp jersey to take home, sponsored by Power Dodge! (Sizes: Youth S/M/L/XL, Adult S/M/L)
- 10 – 60 minute On-Ice Sessions (2 per day), developing various on-ice skills including goaltender-specific training.
- 5 – 45 minute Dryland Training Sessions (1 per day), with Bruins’ Strength & Conditioning Coach: Dylan Lafrentz.
- 5 – 45 minute Gymnasium/Activity Sessions (1 per day), held indoors or outdoors (weather permitting).
- Additional training and activities to be announced.
The camp is for players in the *U13 Division (born in 2009, 2010), U11 Division (2011, 2012) and U7/U9 Divisions (2013 – 2016). *If your child is born in 2008 but would like to participate in the U13 Division, we can put them on a wait list and if there is still room in the group on July 16th, they will be allowed to participate.
We will be running the camp in compliance with the current public health orders. This includes, but is not limited to: a daily check-in for each child upon arrival, arriving no earlier than 15 minutes before their first activity, regular sanitizing and hand-washing and parents are required to fill out a waiver form for each child. Masks may also be required by all participants during activities, if the public health orders still require it. We anticipate changes (and hopefully relaxation of some rules) before August, and we will be contacting all participants with any new information as it becomes available.
Lunch will not be provided, but a designated eating area will be set up in Affinity Place. Please provide your child with a daily lunch, as the concession at Affinity Place will not be open during the camp.
A more detailed itinerary including arrival/lunch/pickup times will be provided to all participants in the weeks leading up to the start of camp. However, please note the estimated times in our poster for each age group and plan accordingly.
Here’s the best way to register for the camp:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information: Name, Birth Date, Jersey Size, Contact Info (Phone # and Email Address required), and payment preference (cash/card available in-office, credit card over phone available). We will respond back to confirm payment or answer any questions.
- Registration is maxed out at 24 participants per age group, and is on a first-come, first-serve basis. A payment schedule can be discussed with our office, but must be received in full no later than June 30th, 2021 to guarantee your spot will be held.